Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist
- We have an excellent opportunity for a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist to provide longitudinal and consultative care of high risk obstetric patients, imaging and prenatal diagnosis.
- Will join Board Certified Neonatologists and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners on staff.
- BSA Health System has launched neonatal transportation through Apollo MedFlight, a critical care air ambulance service provided for babies born prematurely who need highly-specialized treatment.
- Our NICU transport team also has the unique ability to transport babies to a higher level of care if necessary. The BSA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) transportation team flies to rural communities to transport babies by airplane from area hospitals to the Level III designated BSA NICU. During the flight, a specialized team comprised of a NICU physician or nurse practitioner, nurse, respiratory therapist and Apollo flight crew member care for the baby.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Signing Bonus
- BSA is an extensive hospital system in Amarillo, Texas providing clinical excellence to the Texas Panhandle and the tri-state area. BSA is acclaimed for its superior quality and customer service.
- BSA is the fourth largest employer in Amarillo, with a medical staff of more than 450 physicians and about 3,400 employees. BSA fosters an environment that allows employees to provide superior patient care in alignment with our mission.
- BSA is recognized by IBM Watson Health as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals (in 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018)
- Recognized on Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2017
- CMS rates BSA with 4-stars for patient experience in 2017
- The Amarillo metro area has a total population of roughly 242,000 residents and is situated within Potter and Randall counties. With an altitude of 3,672, low humidity and gentle breezes, the area experiences more than 270 sunny days annually.
- Major industries in Amarillo include ranching and farming, education, banking and medical services.
- American Eagle, Continental/United and Southwest Airlines serve Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport with more than 50 daily arrivals and departures.
- The Texas Panhandle offers a multitude of outdoor activities like camping, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding and rock climbing, museums and fine dining. Downtown Amarillo has experienced rapid growth, which has resulted in the addition of new activities and attractions. Enjoy cultural amenities ranging from the Amarillo Botanical Gardens and the Amarillo Museum of Art to family-friendly activities such as the Amarillo Zoo or the Don Harrington Discovery Center.
- Explore beautiful Palo Duro Canyon, the nation’s second largest canyon. Palo Duro opens up from a flat plain to an 800-foot deep canyon covering more than 20,000 acres providing hiking, biking and outdoor opportunities year round.
- U.S. Route 66–Sixth Street Historic District is a hub for dining and antiques
- No state income tax
Highly regarded for its strong clinical outcomes, excellent culture and deep community ties, BSA offers the opportunity to build a career with a thriving health system. Continued investment in new facilities and services, as well as strong physician leadership, make BSA an ideal fit for physicians at all stages of their careers. With its quintessential Texas charm, Amarillo provides a convenient, family-friendly lifestyle as well as easy access to major metro areas. www.bsahs.org
From outdoor activities like camping, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding and rock climbing to concerts, museums and fine dining, Amarillo and the surrounding areas offer something for everyone. Downtown Amarillo has experienced rapid growth, which has resulted in the addition of new activities and attractions. Enjoy cultural amenities ranging from the Amarillo Botanical Gardens and the Amarillo Museum of Art to family-friendly activities such as the Amarillo Zoo or the Don Henry Discovery Center. For a full list of things to do, visit www.visitamarillo.com.
Sitting at an altitude of 3,671 feet, Amarillo receives about 19.5 inches of precipitation annually. The altitude and constant breeze are responsible for the clean air and low humidity. There are four distinct seasons, yet temperatures remain comfortable for most of the year and residents enjoy more than 270 sunny days annually.
Want to stay in touch?
Want to tell us something?