FM Faculty Physician Needed in Emergency Department at UT Health East Texas
UT Health East Texas seeks a family medicine physician to join a Level IV Trauma Center Emergency Department at UT Health North Campus Tyler. This position requires a minimum of 12 twelve-hour shifts per month. Candidates must be eligible for licensure in Texas and boardcertified or board eligible. Opportunities for research and teachingare available. Competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Ourcomprehensive program provides collaborative, multi-disciplinary careand access to cutting edge technologies. We are also experiencing aperiod of unprecedented growth and development coupled withinstitutional expansion throughout east Texas.
- Competitive income with state of Texas benefits package
- Excellent physician schedule and lifestyle
- Friendly work environment with established physicians
- Advanced diagnostics and technology on site
TheUT Health East Texas system is comprised of 10 hospitals, more than 50physician clinics, 300 employed providers, 13 regional rehabilitationfacilities, two freestanding emergency centers, regional home healthservices covering 41 counties, an EMS fleet of more than 45 ambulancesand four helicopters, and a comprehensive seven-trauma center carenetwork, including a Level 1 trauma center. As a partner with theUniversity of Texas System, UT Health East Texas is uniquely positionedto provide east Texas patients with access to leading-edge research andclinical therapies while training and educating the next generation ofphysicians and other health professionals. Graduate Medical Educationis an integral component at UT Health East Texas and includes accreditedresidency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, OccupationalMedicine, and Psychiatry. An Internal Medicine and General Surgeryresidency will take their first classes summer 2020. We encourage youto learn more by visiting our website at www.uthealtheasttexas.com.
Tyleris an affordable metropolitan city of over 100,000 offering culturaldiversity, a major university campus, a healthy range of medium to largesize businesses, and is known for its rolling hills, forestedlandscapes, lakes, pine trees, Rose Garden, and a number of arts andeducational venues. Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana are within 90minutes driving time from Tyler.
- Outstanding area public and private schools – high test scores
- Small-town comforts with easy proximity to metropolitan cities
- A family-oriented lifestyle
- The many lakes, tall pines and ideal climate make for scenic views and great outdoor recreation
- Affordable housing and low cost of living
- Various lifestyle choices for living – lake front, historical homes, or suburban – all within 5 to 15 minutes from the clinic
- No state income tax
Want to stay in touch?
Want to tell us something?