Orthopaedic Sports Medicine position in Beautiful East Texas
UT Health East Texas seeks an orthopaedic sports medicine physician to join a fast-growing integrated health system in Tyler, TX. Our comprehensive program provides collaborative, multi-disciplinary care and access to cutting edge technologies. We are also experiencing a period of unprecedented growth and development coupled with institutional expansion throughout east Texas. Candidates must be eligible for licensure in Texas and board certified or board eligible.
- Competitive income with attractive benefits package
- Excellent physician schedule and lifestyle
- Friendly work environment with established physicians
- Advanced diagnostics and technology on site
The UT Health East Texas system is comprised of 10 hospitals, more than 50 physician clinics, 300 employed providers, 13 regional rehabilitation facilities, two freestanding emergency centers, regional home health services covering 41 counties, an EMS fleet of more than 45 ambulances and four helicopters, and a comprehensive seven-trauma center care network, including a Level 1 trauma center. As a partner with the University of Texas System, UT Health East Texas is uniquely positioned to provide east Texas patients with access to leading-edge research and clinical therapies while training and educating the next generation of physicians and other health professionals. Graduate Medical Education is an integral component at UT Health East Texas and includes accredited residency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, and Psychiatry. An Internal Medicine and General Surgery residency will take their first classes summer 2020. We encourage you to learn more by visiting our website at www.uthealtheasttexas.com.
Tyler is an affordable metropolitan city of over 100,000 offering cultural diversity, a major university campus, a healthy range of medium to large size businesses, and is known for its rolling hills, forested landscapes, lakes, pine trees, Rose Garden, and a number of arts and educational venues. Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana are within 90 minutes driving time from Tyler.
- Outstanding area public and private schools – high test scores
- Small-town comforts with easy proximity to metropolitan cities (90 minutes to Dallas & Shreveport)
- A family-oriented lifestyle
- The many lakes, tall pines and ideal climate make for scenic views and great outdoor recreation
- Affordable housing and low cost of living
- Various lifestyle choices for living – lake front, historical homes, or suburban – all within 10 to 15 minutes from the clinic/hospital
- No state income tax
Want to stay in touch?
Want to tell us something?